L to R: Mr. Naeem Ahmad Subhani (Vice President, ASSE PC), Mr. Zulfiqar Cheema ( Executive Director, NAVTTC), Dr. Nasir Khan (Director General, NAVTTC), Muhammad Mehmood Khan (Secretary, ASSE PC)
ASSE Pakistan Chapter team met with National Vocational Technical Training Commission (NAVTTC) team today. NAVTTC is a national body to regulate, facilitate and provide policy direction in Vocational & Technical Training. The Commission is establishing and promoting linkages among various stakeholders existing at national as well as international level. NAVTTC mission is to provide direction, support and an enabling environment to the public and private sectors to implement training for skills development in order to enhance social and economic profile. Around 700 training centers are delivering skill development training in multiple skills to around one hundred thousand youth across Pakistan each year.
We proposed to introduce OHS subject in all training modules which they agreed. Following points were discussed and agreed for future cooperation:
- MOU should be signed between ASSE Pakistan Chapter and NAVTTC to define mechanism of cooperation
- Facilitate to get MOU to be signed between ASSE USA and NAVTTC to use ASSE logo on training modules and introduce world class OHS professional training program offered by ASSE
- Review of training modules to incorporate OHS content to add value
- Develop train the trainer program for instructors who will teach OHS training module in training centers across Pakistan
- Deliver lecture presentations on OHS during workshops and seminars arranged by NAVTTC
- Facilitate to get MOU signed between NAVTTC and Board of Certified Safety Professional (BCSP) in USA and NAVTTC to arrange world class online OHS certifications for supervisors, instructors and OHS professionals
We hope ASSE Pakistan team shall be able to contribute, through professional support, for the national development in years to come.