Theme: “Promoting Sustainable HSE Culture in Pakistan”
Government officials, Public & Private organizations, International Organizations including ILO, Industry representatives, Academia, & Professionals attended the conference
- Message from President of Pakistan was read due to his unavailability to participate
- Video message from Rixio Medina, President ASSP head office, was played due to his unavailability
- Syed Wamiq Bokhari, Ex Managing Director Pakistan Petroleum Limited, was the key note speaker
- Naeem Ahmad Subhani, Vice President ASSP Pakistan, briefed participants about chapter vision, activities and plans
- Ms Ingrid Christensen, Country Director ILO, spoke to the participants
- Majyd Aziz, President Employers Federation of Pakistan
- Vice President of BYCO Refinery spoke
- GM Operations of K Electric spoke
- Director safety of large public sector power generation project gave presentation on safety culture
3 Panel Discussions:
- Emerging Role of Women in Safety Profession;
- Engaging Small & Medium Enterprises in Promoting Safety Culture;
- From Occupational Safety to Public Safety
10 Technical sessions:
Speakers were from Shell, Byco Petroleum, Hub Power, ARL, SNGPL, Dupont, Haliburton, K-Electric, Thatta Cement, Consultants & seasoned safety professionals also delivered presentations on a variety of topics including Process Safety, Behavioral Safety, Leadership & Culture, Transport Safety, Contractor Safety, Industrial Hygiene & Occupational Health, Construction Safety, Regulatory Reforms, etc.
Various safety equipment suppliers and service providers showcased their products and services in specially set up exhibition stalls.
Post Conference Training:
A 2-day post conference training session held on ISO 45001 Implementation.